Overview of SGP
A working farm, model of sustainable agriculture, center of education and vibrant gathering place, Sonoma Garden Park is one of our community’s greatest resources.
Sonoma Garden Park is a 6.1-acre managed by Sonoma Ecology Center. Located at 19996 7th St E in Sonoma, Sonoma Garden Park is a place where you can literally find the fruits of our labor in the form of our Saturday Harvest Market — as well as community garden plots, a native plant nursery (your source for native plants for your landscaping project), and community workshops.
The garden is also the home to many youth education activities, including our EnviroLeader Internships for teens, school field trips, and some of our Summer Science Camps.
Here’s what you’ll find at Sonoma Garden Park:
- Harvest Market open Saturdays during the market season March-October. Enjoy fresh produce, eggs, and flowers grown sustainably at SGP.
- Plant Nursery with the capacity to grow 40,000 plants. You can purchase native plants, vegetable starts, flowers and more.
- Garden Plot Rental – Got garden space? If not, rent one of our public garden plots.
- Youth educational programs including EnviroLeader Internships, K-12 Field trips, and Summer Science Camp to encourage K-12 learning.
- Walking trails including interactive educational displays. Enjoy the butterfly garden, fig forest, and check out our straw bale barn. Just off the beaten track you’ll find our chicken coop.